- Describe the service.
- Be professional and appropriate for both teachers and students.
- (no goofy, random names--like google, moodle, GoDaddy, etc.)
- (and nothing that suggests teacher laziness: FasterGrading, EasyGrading, etc)
- And yet still be at least a little memorable.
- Be reasonably easy to spell since students may be typing in the URL.
- Last, but not least: be available for purchase!
After a lot of brainstorming and a lot of registrar lookups we ended up with: EssayTagger.com.
It fits all of the criteria reasonably well and, as you'll see in the coming weeks, it really does describe our service.
I went with Register.com as my registrar. I've used them for most of my other sites and I've been happy with them. I'm put off by the flashier registrars and their marketing campaigns.